Abacus is a simple device for calculating, consisting of a frame with rows of wires or
grooves along with beafs or slide. Abacus can be used to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication
and division. It can also be used to extract square root cubic roots. The abacus system of mental
calculation is a system where users mentally visualize an sbacus to carry out arithmetical calculations.
In our school we conduct group discussion to enhance the understanding of a particular topic. Group discussion is a group of individuals who share same ideas formally or informally.
The group members discuss ideas , solve problems share ideas.
Students get the ability to work in a team , communication skills, reasoning skills, leadership qualities, initiative, listening, creativity, awareness and flexibility.
Debate is a formal discussion on a particular topic .
* In our school we divide the total number of students in a class into two groups (eg: If 30 students are in a class will be divided into 15 students in a group)
* Topic will be given a week before.
* Students choose the side they want to be on.
*Students can write key information on their palm cards
* 15 minutes’ each provided to the groups to take on their topic.
* Time will be given to the open discussion to the whole group.
* Finally feedback on the fellow teacher and students
*A student will be selected as a moderator